Where to lease an office in Kiev: in the business center, a residential or nonresidential premises in apartment building? Such a question stands before the heads of small and young companies, because now the commercial property market in Kiev is full with proposals and sometimes to understand them is not easy. Let's consider the basic rental options, their pros and cons.
To rent an office in the business center
Each year, the office market in Kiev is replenished with new business centers (BC) different classes, characteristics and locations. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of renting an office in BC:
- Prestige. Rent an office in BC makes customer trust more and raises the status of the company in the eyes of competitors.
- Without intermediaries. Most BC in Kiev have departments or hire representatives who do not apply for a commission from the tenant.
- Infrastructure. Business centers are equipped with guarded ground / underground parking for employees and visitors. Also on the first floor, there are ATMs, terminals, coffee / snacks machines, catering, courier services, etc., in general, all that may be necessary for a successful business.
- Possibility of extension. If the company grows there is no need huddled in a small room, or look for a new version, it is enough to rent additional space next to, or move to a new office within the business center, which saves time and resources to move.
- There is no domestic problems. All problems are solved by the administration of the office center.
- Convenient location. Proprietors tend to build the office centers near major transportation interchanges.
Competitiors. There is no guarantee that on your floor will not "settle" a competitor
Large areas. In the capital, immediately difficult to find a business center, where you can rent a room or two (50-70 sq. m) for the right price, since the centers offer blocks of 200-300 sq. m, but it's possible to find spaces that remained unclaimed after division the floor between two or three large companies.
Suitable for: all companies whose activity is connected with a large flow of customers.
To rent an office in the residential properties
An alternative to an office in BC is to rent office in an apartment building. This version also has advantages and disadvantages:
- Rental rates. It is considered that the prices of the offices in the residential properties several times lower than in the business centers of Kiev, but considering crisis, unstable dollar rate, the administration of some BC reduced rental rates, now rental price in apartment building will be cheaper by 20-30%.
- Small premises. Optimal for startups is 1-2 cabinets.
- Low competition. Deciding to lease an office, you can pre-analyze the density of the competitors.
- Finished repair and office furniture.
- Office in a residential properties - it is illegal. Your company can "evicted" by neighbors, the housing office or law enforcement agencies.
- Problems with the tax office. It is not possible to include rent in expanses.
- Overpay for utilities. There may be situations when the tenant will have to pay for hot water or heating in sizes incompatible with the real consumption.
- Distressed neighbors. Not excluded the cases of fires, floods, bad odors, and more.
- There is no attendant parking.
- Poor transport accessibility.
- There is no opportunity to expand and rent an additional spaces.
Suitable for: small, start-up business, a group of young professionals, creative syndicates, business without a large amount of customers,
To rent a non-residential properties in an apartment building
Largely the pros and cons for nonresidential and residential premises are the same. Typically, nonresidential properties are located on the ground floor with private entrance. A significant advantage of the non-residential property - there are no problems with public authorities.
Suitable for: service industries, banks, trading firms.
Selection of the optimal solutions for your business will help to avoid many problems and also to ensure a stable prosperity of the business.